Fremont Municipal Court's jurisdiction includes the City of Fremont, Ballville Township and Sandusky Township.
The Clerk's office is responsible for receipting all monies due for traffic, criminal, civil, small claims, rent escrow and trusteeships. These monies are then disbursed pursuant to Ohio Revised Code.
- Monday through Friday:
- Incarceration Arraignments are at 9:00 a.m.
- Civil Hearings
1st and 3rd Monday of each month: Small Claims Hearings
- Final pre-trials, Preliminary Hearings, Dispositions, Trial to Courts, Compliance hearings, Sentencings
- 9:00 a.m. Criminal Arraignments, 9:00 a.m. Traffic Arraignments
- Miscellaneous Hearings
- Jury Trials
If a warrant has been issued for your arrest from the Fremont Municipal Court, it will be your responsibility to turn yourself in to the court. We do not schedule hearings for Defendants who have a warrant.
The Judge performs weddings for individuals individuals by appointment only, with a fee of $25.00. If an interpreter is needed the wedding party shall be responsible for the cost (if any).
Forms of Payment
- Cash, Checks, Money Order, Certified Check payments directly at court or through the postal service (Please do not send cash in the mail). A processing fee will apply for any credit card payments.
- Civil and Small Claims
- Accept checks for new filings only. Payments on judgments must be in cash, money order or Certified Bank Check, payable to Fremont Municipal Court.
|New Year's Day||Labor Day|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Columbus Day|
|President's Day||Veteran's Day|
|Good Friday (close at noon)||Thanksgiving Day|
|Memorial Day||Day After Thanksgiving|
|Independence Day||Christmas Day|